Visits from Abroad
Tamale Youth Home Cultural Group has a long tradition of hosting students and other visitors from abroad. We offer workshops and individual teaching in drumming and dance. Our group members are very experienced teachers in drumming and dance. We invite visitors to join our daily rehearsals as well. We also arrange performances for visitors and always try to involve the audience in the dance.
In addition, we provide other services for visitors, including arranging accommodations, travel to Tamale, and tours in Northern Ghana. In September 2017 we started Tamale Cultural Tours which provide guided tours to many destinations. Please look up Tamale Cultural Tours on this homepage.
YHCG has hosted many guests over the years. Many come to study the culture and drumming and dance. Visitors have come from: Canada (students), US (students from Ohio University, tourists and NGOs), Holland (volunteers), Denmark (cultural travellers, music students, high school students, NGOs), Egedal Music School, Denmark (music teachers), Ranum Highschool, Denmark (students, teachers and parents) and International Peoples College, Helsingore, Denmark (students and teachers).
Visits in 2016
During 2016 we have hosted visitors from:
- Argentina. Workshop and performance with a group of student.
- Denmark. Februar. Workshops and performance in Daloon for a group of 80 students from a Senior High School in Denmark (Hald Ege Ungdomsskole).
- Denmark. In April and October performances sand workshops for visitors from International Peoples College (IPC) in Denmark.
- Belgium. July. Students from Belgium.
- USA. Entertainment for American people from Operation Smile at Gaana Hotel Limited
- USA. In September workshops with Dr. Habib Chester Iddrisu.
- Denmark. In October visits from Marselisborg High School, workshops and performances.
Visits in 2017
During 2017 we have hosted visitors from:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. Januar. Performance and workshops.
- Denmark. Fevruary. Workshops and performance in Daloon for a group of 80 students from a Senior High School in Denmark (Hald Ege Ungdomsskole).
- Denmark. February- March. Start up visit by Annemarie Grüner and Lise Drewes Nielsen. The project Cultural Awareness - a tool for sustainable development among young people in Tamale Ghana.
- University of Alberta, Canada. August. Performance, workshops and travelling in the North.
- Denmark and US. August and September. Follow up visit and training by Dale Mendoza, Annemarie Grüner and Lise Drewes Nielsen. The project Cultural Awareness - a tool for sustainable development among young people in Tamale Ghana.
- Denmark. Action Aid. September. Performance.